Jan 9, 2013

New Year, New Perspective...


In the midst of my struggle to accomplish any given day feeling as though I made the most of it... I have to wonder if there's something very obvious I'm missing in my desperate attempt to find meaning & motivation in this life (even though I'm surrounded by blessings)...

My eyes welled up with tears as this author pretty much summed up my humanness on the preview of page 27... I feel pretty worthless on most days (this isn't an attempt for sympathy, just being transparent) & found her raw translation of what a mess we all are slightly refreshing... especially in the midst of God's grace & all we truly have to be thankful for. 

Excited for this book & the accompanying journal to get in so I can learn how to choose joy every day & do all I can to reach my goal of becoming a better wife & mother this year than I was last year...

As Steve was helping me process things tonight, he confirmed what I was thinking by suggesting I consider the health of my walk with God.... I know in order to be all God created me to be in all the fullness of joy He provides, it will require a greater understanding of Him & less wallowing in... 'me'

My prayer is that these tools will help me in this quest. Blessings your way in the midst of all your struggles. You're not alone ♥

(excerpt from 'One Thousand Gifts' by: Ann Voskamp)

"...I wake to the discontent of life in my skin. I wake to self-hatred. To the wrestle to get it all done, the relentless anxiety that I am failing. Always, the failing. I yell at children, fester with bitterness, forget doctor appointments, lose library books, live selfishly, skip prayer, complain, go to bed too late, neglect cleaning the toilets. I live tired. Afraid. Anxious. Weary... Would I ever be enough, find enough, do enough? But this morning, I wake wildly wanting to live..." pg. 27


Follow Ann on her blog @ http://www.aholyexperience.com/

To get her free daily planner print-out, visit the following link and scroll toward the bottom:

                























An interview of the author, the trauma of her past, & how God has redeemed her life by simply reminding her to give thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment