Mar 25, 2013

DIY Flashcards for Preschoolers...

We have yet to attempt flashcards with Sarah. 

Considering she's already 2 1/2 and crazy smart... I thought I'd just whip up my own to see how she does with them! 

Find a free printable flashcard template here: 


I thought I'd take this one step further and attach them to colored pieces of construction paper so we can work on colors at the same time... which did take awhile because I didn't have a glue stick or laminating supplies on hand (and was too excited to wait for Steve to get home & help!)... so I just used packaging and regular-sized scotch tape : ) ...I love invisible tape!  


The first few didn't turn out so pretty as I figured out how to line up my tape just right, but they're looking better and better (I hope they last for awhile!) - Really just wanting to focus on the alphabet after learning another girl her age can recognize all the letters of the alphabet... and Sarah really can't yet, ha! I try not to compare, but why not work on it if she's willing?!


(I would like to tell you how long this took me, but I kept getting interrupted. At least an hour! Once these wear out I'll give it another go and 'actually' round the white edges and laminate them all.)

"Lord continue to show us ways to teach our children all they need to know in a loving, encouraging way. Help us make this refreshing & fun instead of something they dread. We hope to encourage them to enjoy a lifetime of learning, amen."

What about you? Do you have some fun DIY ideas to teach basics to your toddler/preschooler? 

Please share in the comments below! Blessings : )

No comments:

Post a Comment