Apr 8, 2013

Love vs. Hate... (LGBT)

(LGBT continued...) 4/8/13:

Truth: God considers hate to be the same as murder...

1 John 3:15 - "Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him."

"Homophobia is the hatred or fear of homosexuals - that is, lesbians and gay men - sometimes leading to acts of violence and expressions of hostility."



Knowing this, I have to believe that ridicule/violence/murder (hate) is far worse than a committed couple of any gender sharing their life together (love)... 

Is Jesus pro-hate or pro-love? hmm... I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have been 1st in line to call out 'kill the faggots' or light a homosexual person on fire & watch them burn to death (yeah that actually happened). Fear & ignorance are a powerful thing, but I believe love is far greater. ♥

I'm learning a lot about this topic & coming up with some surprising conclusions... shall continue my hunt for God's take on this. (Feel free to broadcast your love or private msg me ur hate...) 

There's a great film on Netflix called 'For the bible tells me so'... I didn't agree with every word, but I got a lot out of it!


No comments:

Post a Comment